Drawing, Painting, Mixed Media Art
on Instagram as donna.reiss
- Since retiring from careers in writing, editing, and teaching, I have been studying and practicing some of the visual arts that I have always admired, primarily drawing, painting and mixed media. Fortunately, Greenville, South Carolina has many talented artists and art teachers.
- You can see some of my work on Instagram where I am donna.reiss . Because this Website was developed to share my experience as a writer, editor, scholar, and teacher, I probably will not be posting examples of my artwork here.
- More than 30 years of lifestyle writing with a special emphasis on restaurant and food news, trends, and critiques; cookbooks; and food-related travel
- Feature articles covering a range of general interest topics such as profiles of newsworthy people, education, and recreation
- Edited books and articles on popular and scholarly topics including pictorial histories of American cities, regional cookbooks, and two scholarly book collections
- Public information writing including news releases, ad copy, and brochures
This website was originally developed using html in 1995 at Michigan Technological University's program on Computers in the Writing-Intensive Classroom. Over the years, I added resources for my colleagues and students and examples of my publications. In 2014 and 2018, I am removing some pages related to my teaching and professional life. I'm not sure when or if I will update again....Thanks to everybody who visited my website over the years! I do appreciate your interest.
- At the time of my retirement in May 2008, I was founding director of LitOnline at Clemson University, a faculty development project for effective teaching online, and I taught courses in American Literature in person and online.
- In 2004, I retired as Professor Emerita of English at Tidewater Community College (TCC), where I taught writing, literature, and humanities and technology courses; directed the Writing Center, Writing-Across-the-Curriculum, Online Learning, and Distributed Teaching and Learning; and was among the earliest users of electronic communication for teaching hybrid and online classes.
- See examples from 30 years teaching, writing and editing scholarly articles and book chapters and collections, plus keynote talks, presentations, and workshops in North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand with a focus on using electronic communication and digital portfolios for active learning: Publications, Professional Collaborations, Presentations, Workshops.
developed June 1995 and modified 15 February 2019 by D. Reiss dreiss _at_ wordsworth2.net