See WordsWorth2 Consulting-Writing-Editing for details and examples of my more than 30 years as a writer, editor, and scholar.
- Lifestyle writing has a special emphasis on restaurant and food critiques, news, and trends; cookbooks; and food-related travel.
- Feature articles cover a range of general interest topics such as profiles of newsworthy people, education, and recreation.
- Edited books and articles on popular and scholarly topics include a series of pictorial histories of American cities, cookbooks, and two scholarly book collections.
- Public information writing included news releases, ad copy, and brochures.
See Academics and Active Learning for details and examples from 30 years teaching, writing and editing scholarly articles and book chapters and collections, plus keynote talks, presentations, and workshops in North America, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand with a focus on using electronic communication and digital portfolios for active learning. .
This website was developed using html in 1995 at Michigan Technological University's program on Computers in the Writing-Intensive Classroom. I added resources for my colleagues and students and examples of my publications. In 2014, I am removing some pages related to my teaching and professional life. Among those that remain, some have not been updated at all and may have broken links. I'm not sure when I will update again....Thanks to everybody who visited my website over the years! I do appreciate your interest.
- At the time of my retirement in May 2008, I was founding director of LitOnline at Clemson University, a faculty development project for effective teaching online and taught American Literature in person and online.
- In 2004, I retired as Professor Emerita of English at Tidewater Community College (TCC). During 25 years I directed the Writing Center, Writing-Across-the-Curriculum, Online Learning, and Distributed Teaching and Learning and was among the earliest users of electronic communication for teaching hybrid and online classes.
developed June 1995 and modified © 3 October 2014 by D. Reiss dreiss_at_wordsworth2.net