Log In to Claroline
Follow the link to Claroline,
the software program and discussion board we are using for this
project (a new browser window will open so you can see these directions
print these directions).
This page may be slow to load because of the screen shots. Throughout the directions here, Pat Smart is the default (fake) student from TCC.
- Enter the user name you were assigned by your professor.
- Enter the password you were assigned by your professor.
- Press Enter.
Modifying Your Profile
and Joining Our Discussion
After you log in, your screen should look like this:
- If you want to change your password, select "Modify my profile"
from the right menu. Write down your new password and save it in
a safe, accessible place.
- To enter our Cross-cultural Poetry Exchange discussion, select Fiction for Engineers from the left menu.
Finding Your Group and
Entering the Forum
- At the next screen, click on Groups.
one group is active on your screen and is also indicated as (my
- Click on your active group.
- On the right is a list of members of your group with their
college email addresses.
- On the left, under Tools, click Forum.
Participating in the
- Review the project description at Cross-Cultural Exchange on Poetry: An Online Collaboration
Among Swedish and American Students, Spring 2004.
- Compose each of your letters in your word processor so you can save and have a backup copy. Copy-paste into the Claroline message screen.
- In Claroline, locate the Topic for each of the four letters.
- Within your Group and Forum, submit your letter as if it were
an Answer to
the topic, for example, Letter 1.
- After you have submitted your initial required letter for each topic, you are welcome to continue adding to the conversation with members of your group
Cross-Cultural Exchange on Poetry: An Online Collaboration
Among Swedish and American Students, Spring 2004
for educational purposes only
Website developed 2004 by D. Reiss and modified 9 March 2004 by D. Reiss